Friday, December 31, 2010

Pajama Pants

It's all about balance.

As the mother of six children (three boys & three girls; how cool is that!), Christmas can be a tremendous balancing act! Sometimes I balance across all six children, and sometimes I just have to make sure the boys balance (or just the girls).

Enter a pair of pajama pants.

Really, I promise it will all make sense.

You see, I knitted a dragon scarf for one boy. And a handmade gift for one boy means the other two need something handmade...and Christmas was drawing ever closer! I finished a pair of fingerless gloves (see my boys' gifts here). Then I was out of time!!

In a desperate search for something to make up the difference, I came across some delightful "Toy Story" flannel, and a pair of pajama pants was born!

Boy #3 looks happy, don't you think??


And look....he balances!!





Photobucket

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Photobucket


HookingupwithHoH

4 comments:

Jane said...

Happy New Year!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
I know what you mean about balancing out the gifts for the kids. I grew up in a family of six kids...three boys and three girls too. Every Christmas my mom always tried to make us all something....wish I still had some of those things. I only have one son so I don't have that problem!
Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2011.
Jane

Rachel said...

Can I just say......... I love ric rac!!!

You're amazing!

Happy New Year!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I for one have no idea how you can balance all of those youngn's :)
love the pj's!
thanks for linking up and linking back.
gail

oops! said...

Funny and talented, you are! It is true for me too, the balancing act! Buy one gift, buy another. Make something for one, make something for another!