Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Market, part 2

Here are a few more pictures from the Spring Market show I participated in this weekend! If you missed part 1, it's here.

Remember my painted signs? I made a few more!

"Frosty Malts" is for my dad...he passed on his love of malt to me!


The "Homemade Ice Cream" sign was another favorite....that one is for my mother, who engendered a love of homemade ice cream in all of her children!


But this sign is also a favorite...I don't suppose you can guess why??


The next sign was made from a bench seat--it's huge! I used an idea from somewhere in blog-land to turn the bottom of a cheese dome into a button! I drilled four holes through the wood, and then threaded twine for the "thread."

This next little table was a real find. It wasn't in too bad of shape, either...there were a few paint splatters on the upholstery and the bench legs. But don't you just LOVE the idea of the two benches that slide in under the table?? What a great way to have extra seating when you need it! I would have loved to have kept this piece, but it was more formal than my home is.

I had been dying to make a clock table, in the style of those Pottery-Barn distressed wall clocks. I found a table with iron legs and a wood top that was perfect for my experiment.

And yes...there are actual metal clock hands on the top! I told a friend of mine what I was doing, and she told me she had seen some huge metal hands at a local consignment shop. I hurried over, and they were PERFECT! I didn't actually attach them to the table; I didn't want them to interfere with dining or game playing...but they look so cool.

I also finished another Farmhouse-style table (you can see others here and here) and four chairs. There are two chairs of each style, but I think they complement each other nicely. The table also has a leaf. Love the claw feet!





Here's a fun little corner. In the back there is a cute pine table I found for $3 at Savers. I finished it with a stained top and a painted bottom like the Pottery-Barn-esque side table. The cute little magazine rack got painted red with a black glaze. I never can get enough red!


Some projects I didn't have to do too much to...the wood on this next little chair was so pretty that I just cleaned it and polished it, and I replaced the seat fabric (it's the same fabric I used for this bench).


Same with this little vanity bench. I cleaned up the wood and re-glued the joints, and then bought a new piece of 3" foam for the cushion (I love the look of the super high seat). It's covered with leftover fabric from my living room curtains!
...and that's not all! Part 3 still to come!


Catch As Catch Can

topsy turvy tuesdays


Savvy Southern Style


5 comments:

Full Circle Creations said...

Love the laundry & alterations sign!

Holly

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

WOW you are so talented I love all of these!
dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Oh good! You did a Red Hen sign. Red is such a fabulous color. :D

Unknown said...

Gosh, you really are the little Red Hen (I'll do it myself!). I love all your projects and I'm going to have to follow you!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

all great projects. I love the signs and the table with the benches!
gail