Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Oranges

For those of you who wondered….

No, I did not repaint my orange door for Christmas!

Instead, I decided to EMBRACE THE ORANGE!

I purchased an evergreen wreath at a Christmas tree yard last night.  I removed the two sprigs of fake berries, two silver-painted cedar branches, and the pathetic red bow.

Armed with pinecones, a bag of oranges from Hobby Lobby ($3.60 after coupon), twigs, spray adhesive, glitter, and a glue gun, I embellished the wreath to make my orange door a little more Christmas-y!

suitcase 016

I have to admit, I wasn’t sure I was going to like it until I got the glitter on.  Glitter makes everything better, though, I’m sure!

suitcase 018

Today it is about 36 degrees with 60-100 mph winds (no kidding).  Making a wreath was WAY more appealing than repainting the door!

suitcase 015

*******************************************************

Linking up here:

Coastal Charm’s Nifty Thrifty Tuesday Topsy Turvy Tuesdays
{Primp} Someday Crafts’ Whatever Goes Wednesday
Hookin’ Up with House of Hepworths No Minimalist Here’s Open House Thursday
Friday Remodelaholic 2805
My Simple Home Life’s Simple Creations Friday My Repurposed Life
Funky Junk’s Saturday Night Special The DIY Show Off
Primitive & Proper I Heart Naptime
Beyond the Picket Fence’s Under $100 Party My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Sisters of the Wild West  
   
   
   

17 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very Pretty!!

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Just perfect Korrie!

Debbiedoos said...

That is so pretty. What a great wreath!

Mimi said...

I love orange and your door has always been a favorite! That wreath with the oranges and glitter is perfect. I know your neighbors are enjoying it.

Ali Richardson said...

PRETTY! It looks great!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Way to work the orange, Korrie! I think it looks great!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i absolutely love it, and i have decided to paint the door on this house orange. :) in the spring of course... i love yours!

Rhissanna said...

Well done. You really made it work

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

You made oranges Christmas-y! I like it! I kind of want to do the same things, but with pears. It's really pretty, Korrie.
My son said there's some crazy high winds there. Stay safe!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Very glittery and gorgeous.
Way to embrace your inner orange.
It really is cute.

wisp said...

I love it! =D Glitter does make everything better. ;) Orange is such a happy color! It's John's favorite color. ^_^

Karyn said...

Always embrace orange...it looks great.

Good Time Charlie said...

I love this idea!! I just bought a wreath, stealing this, the glitter, that is what makes it over the top.

bj said...

Are you kidding me?...I wouldn't touch that beautiful door with a paint brush, either.
That wreath is amazing and looks fabulous on your pretty door.
YOU DID GOOD, GIRLFRIEND...:))

SImple and Serene Living said...

Oh my goodness, Don't blow away. Love the wreath on the door. If anyone can make orange look good it would definitely be you :)

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea to embrace the orange - your wreath and door look stunning!

Darija said...

they are a perfect match, like they were made for each other right from the start. way to embrace orange and make it work for the holidays